The International Workshop on The Security, Privacy, and Digital Forensics of Mobile Systems and Networks (MobiSec 2017)
Atlanta Skyline Photo by Anish Patel, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=41229533
To many people, smartphones have been an indispensable part of daily life and work. With personal financial and medical information and job related data being processed on smartphones and related mobile systems and networks, it is critically important that the development and advancement of secure mobile operating systems, secure mobile applications, secure smartphone devices and cellular networks keep up with the ever-growing smartphone usage. For this reason, this research area has been a very important sector in the network and telecommunication industry and a focus of funded research projects in many research institutes.
The IEEE MobiSec 2017 is a half-day workshop under the IEEE INFOCOM 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA on Monday morning, May 1, 2017.
The scope of MobiSec 2017 encompasses the security, privacy, and digital forensics of mobile systems and networks, including but not limited to Android, iOS and Windows Mobile operating systems, smartphones and applications for these platforms and devices, as well as cellular networks. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following subject categories:
· Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile security and privacy
· Digital forensics on mobile operating systems, applications and smartphones
· Secure mobile application development
· Smartphone device/hardware security
· Mobile application security and digital forensics
· Mobile user authentication and authorization
· Multi-factor mobile authentication
· Mobile user privacy
· Mobile vulnerability detection and remediation
· Intrusion detection and recovery on mobile OS, applications, smartphones, and cellular networks
· Secure cloud for mobile environment
· Mobile device management
· 4G and 5G security
Workshop: Monday morning, May 1st, 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA (venue refers to INFOCOM website)
Paper Due: January 24, 2017 (final deadline)
February 22, 2017 February 27, 2017
Camera-ready Due: March 12, 2017 (final deadline)
Please contact Dr. Lei Chen at Lchen@georgiasouthern.edu if you have any question.