Travel Grants sponsored by U.S. Army Research Office and the Army Research Laboratory: Due March 15, 2017 (via email)
The 9th IEEE International Workshop on Network Science for Communication Networks (NetSciCom)
– Jointly organized with IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, USA –
is anticipating competitive student travel grants to attend NetSciCom and co-located events (e.g., INFOCOM, other workshops, etc.).
From the U.S. Army Research Office and the Army Research Laboratory, funding is available only for full time students attending colleges and universities in the US. Underrepresented minority and women students from diverse US institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. Although student authors may be given priority for travel awards, exceptional undergraduate research students, MS research students, PhD and beginning post-doctoral researchers may also be considered. To be eligible, US based students (referred to as "you") must apply no later than March 15, 2017.
To apply for travel support, please do the following:
1. Obtain a letter from your advisor/professor confirming that:
- You are currently a full-time research student in good standing and working in areas related to computer networks and network science
- You will be attending the entire NetSciCom workshop and associated events.
- The remainder of your travel support will be covered (indicate how).
2. Write a personal statement describing your research interests and accomplishments to date, how you wish to benefit from
attending NetSciCom 2017. Indicate your full-time student status (B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or postdoc), and the location you will be traveling from.
3. Send the above documents, along with your two-page CV, to Dr. Stefan Schmid: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “NetSciCom Travel Grant”.
Please note that NetSciCom may not be able to reimburse for all of your travel expenses due to limited budget.
Eligible expenses include advance student registration fee, hotel, and transportation (flight, bus or train). Expenses that
are not eligible for reimbursement include regular or on-site registration, taxi and meals. Student travel grants are
available in the form of reimbursements that are sent only after the completion of the conference and receipt of all
required documentation and receipts. The reimbursement amount will be based on the number of awards made and distance traveled.
For any questions, please contact the Travel Award Chair, Dr. Stefan Schmid: email@example.com
March 15, 2017